I was searching for a slide (didn’t find it) and stumbled across my 2004 presentation to the World Future Society conference, about AI, machine consciousness and human-machine convergence. It’s quite depressing how much the IT world has underachieved compared to our expectations back then, based on the current state of thinking and rate of progress back then. You can speculate yourself on the reasons for that, but we are where we are, and we should be much further on. Anyway, you may find some of the slides interesting because some of the concepts are still waiting.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP MBCS
I’m an all-sector futurist specialising in creating futures material for PR campaigns and business strategy.
I am a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and Chartered Member of the British Computer Society.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineers 3D print force-sensing metamaterial structures #sensors #smartmaterials #3Dprinting newatlas.com/materials/mit-… 2 hours ago
- newatlas.com/science/low-en… @NGRColosimo #energy 2 hours ago
- RT @AndrewBGreene: More details on the new enhanced trilateral security alliance AUKUS - from the White House https://t.co/BhuwHqS5mD 14 hours ago
- Bioartificial kidney prototype aces lab tests, could replace dialysis newatlas.com/medical/bioart… #medicine #health 1 day ago
- RT @jameswoudhuysen: "They tweet ‘defund the police’ while walking around with armed bodyguards." Says it all, really... Fab piece 1 day ago
- 286,284 hits