I was searching for a slide (didn’t find it) and stumbled across my 2004 presentation to the World Future Society conference, about AI, machine consciousness and human-machine convergence. It’s quite depressing how much the IT world has underachieved compared to our expectations back then, based on the current state of thinking and rate of progress back then. You can speculate yourself on the reasons for that, but we are where we are, and we should be much further on. Anyway, you may find some of the slides interesting because some of the concepts are still waiting.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP MBCS
I’m an all-sector futurist specialising in creating futures material for PR campaigns and business strategy.
I am a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and Chartered Member of the British Computer Society.
My email address is email@example.com
- Ben & Jerry's forced to end Israel boycott telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/… 10 hours ago
- RT @PeterCochrane: There is definitely no security - only more sophisticated risk! techrepublic.com/article/pentag… 23 hours ago
- Pentagon finds concerning vulnerabilities on blockchain techrepublic.com/?p=3980318 via @techrepublic #blockchain #security 23 hours ago
- RT @ideafaktory: In other words, diversity¹ is good! ¹ of thought 1 day ago
- RT @MForstater: This is excellent! 1 day ago
- 294,075 hits