I was searching for a slide (didn’t find it) and stumbled across my 2004 presentation to the World Future Society conference, about AI, machine consciousness and human-machine convergence. It’s quite depressing how much the IT world has underachieved compared to our expectations back then, based on the current state of thinking and rate of progress back then. You can speculate yourself on the reasons for that, but we are where we are, and we should be much further on. Anyway, you may find some of the slides interesting because some of the concepts are still waiting.
Join 5,082 other subscribers
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson
I’m an all-sector futurist and engineer
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
My twitter feed
- RT @ChrisMo50s: Spanish airline orders a fleet of airships freethink.com/energy/air-nos… 16 hours ago
- My full paper on non-cellular life forms and an alternative theory for the origins of life on Earth: researchgate.net/publication/36… 1 day ago
- Asteroid Ryugu provides clues about beginnings of life on Earth newatlas.com/space/asteroid… #originsoflife 1 day ago
- RT @LifeboatHQ: ChatGPT is on its way to becoming a virtual doctor, lawyer, and business analyst. Here’s a list of advanced exams the AI bo… 2 days ago
- Seems rather unfair that ChatGPT won't let me do stuff now because I have reached the usage cap, when almost all of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 307,004 hits
Pingback: Futureseek Daily Link Review; 1 February 2021 | Futureseek Link Digest
Dear My Doctor I.D. Pearson, since I’m ill by An Unwanted- & Double AIDS Inf., a DK Security guard etc., H.N.Y., I’m just happy w. your good receipt of my relev. msg., that I’m willing to become ‘A Robartie, no. 11,’ yet to be, Moral Purp.’s, even T. Travels, here ‘my’ phone, SW Stgo., Cl., 0056228860499, (of My Paran. Br.-in-Law), so I can find out etc., Peace, ‘Jartuferatu,’ My Relig.: ‘Just’ The Buddhism, (Universal Truth Morals)! arentved@Guardian.com, it doesn’t conn. very well w. me!
P.S.: No, thanks, I don’t live forever! ‘Jartuferatu.’