I was searching for a slide (didn’t find it) and stumbled across my 2004 presentation to the World Future Society conference, about AI, machine consciousness and human-machine convergence. It’s quite depressing how much the IT world has underachieved compared to our expectations back then, based on the current state of thinking and rate of progress back then. You can speculate yourself on the reasons for that, but we are where we are, and we should be much further on. Anyway, you may find some of the slides interesting because some of the concepts are still waiting.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP MBCS
I’m an all-sector futurist specialising in creating futures material for PR campaigns and business strategy.
I am a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and Chartered Member of the British Computer Society.
My email address is email@example.com
- RT @BartlettChrisJ: Is this a joke? It's outrageous, so much for land of the free. Several US states are banning gaming PCs. #Future #pcg… 9 hours ago
- Wearable ultrasound patch could warn of cardiovascular problems newatlas.com/medical/wearab… #activeskin Future developm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @lenrosen4: Technology That Restores Our Sense of Touch After a Loss of Limb or Other Injury | #21stcentech | 21stcentech.com/technology-res… vi… 4 days ago
- RT @Gizmodo: Dune's New Trailer Is All About Paul Atreides' Great and Terrible Destiny dlvr.it/S4Cpgb https://t.co/ncjEAme7hk 4 days ago
- Good read: Social Media Platforms Are Eroding Free Speech | City Journal city-journal.org/social-media-p… 4 days ago
- 285,011 hits