The Pythagoras Sling has the potential to make getting into space much cheaper, safer and environmentally friendlier than rocket based systems. It needs commercial availability of graphene string but that will come.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP FBCS FWIF
I’m an all-round futurist/futurologist with a sound engineering foundation and over 1800 inventions. I spend most of my time writing futures material for white papers or to accompany PR campaigns, but I’ve also delivered well over 1000 conference presentations and appeared over 750 times on TV and Radio, often following writing I’ve done for PR campaigns. I’ve written hundreds of commissioned reports, press articles and seven books, most recently Society Tomorrow, Space Anchor, Total Sustainability and You Tomorrow (2nd Edn). I sometimes undertake phone or face-to-face consultancy on any aspect of the future, usually from a technology perspective, using over 30 years experience as a futurologist and engineer. I have demonstrated about 85% accuracy when looking 10-15 years ahead.
I am a Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society and a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and the World Innovation Foundation.
My email address is email@example.com
- What if you could diagnose endometriosis with a tampon? - via @techreview technologyreview.com/s/612905/what-…? #smart_medicine #womens_health 1 day ago
- Looks like the next election might be a bit more interesting now there are two new parties. Wonder if some of the L… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I start getting my pension in exactly 18 months. Interesting life stage, wondering which of many paths to choose. 1 day ago
- Proportion of retail sales online: ons.gov.uk/businessindust… Growth is surprisingly linear. I still suspect it will l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- NASA heading back to Moon soon, and this time to stay phys.org/news/2019-02-n… via @physorg_com Disappointingly far… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- 233,266 hits