Here is a slide I just made for a road safety conference. All the figures I used came from government sources. We use the argument that a life is worth any spend, and we might be able to shave 10% off road deaths if we try hard, but we’d save 30 times more if we could reduce NHS errors and improve hygiene by just 10%.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP FBCS FWIF
I’m an all-round futurist/futurologist with a sound engineering foundation and over 1800 inventions. I spend most of my time writing futures material for white papers or to accompany PR campaigns, but I’ve also delivered well over 1000 conference presentations and appeared over 700 times on TV and Radio, often following writing I’ve done for PR campaigns. I’ve written hundreds of commissioned reports, press articles and seven books, most recently Society Tomorrow, Space Anchor, Total Sustainability and You Tomorrow (2nd Edn). I sometimes undertake phone or face-to-face consultancy on any aspect of the future, usually from a technology perspective, using over 30 years experience as a futurologist and engineer. I have demonstrated about 85% accuracy when looking 10-15 years ahead.
I am a Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society and a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and the World innovation Foundation.
My email address is email@example.com
You Tomorrow 2nd Edition
My sci-fi book
Things that ought to work
Business Weekly Blog
- RT @EandTmagazine: Moon Express details plans to mine the Moon engtechmag.wordpress.com/2017/08/21/moo… https://t.co/lxAud6j2Gn 2 hours ago
- If something becomes hate crime just because the 'victim' perceives it might be because you 'dislike' them, we will… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- Cruise ships can be much improved by good tech in the hands of a good designer: forbes.com/sites/laurabeg… 5 hours ago
- World poverty at lowest level since at least 1820. twitter.com/BjornLomborg/s… 1 day ago
- Unhackable by conventional means maybe, but surely quantum teleportation could be harnessed to hack this? Needs ana… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 188,784 hits