Here is a slide I just made for a road safety conference. All the figures I used came from government sources. We use the argument that a life is worth any spend, and we might be able to shave 10% off road deaths if we try hard, but we’d save 30 times more if we could reduce NHS errors and improve hygiene by just 10%.
- Follow The more accurate guide to the future on WordPress.com
I D Pearson BSc DSc(hc) FWAAS CITP FBCS FWIF
I’m an all-round futurist/futurologist with a sound engineering foundation and over 1800 inventions. I spend most of my time writing futures material for white papers or to accompany PR campaigns, but I’ve also delivered well over 1000 conference presentations and appeared over 750 times on TV and Radio, often following writing I’ve done for PR campaigns. I’ve written hundreds of commissioned reports, press articles and seven books, most recently Society Tomorrow, Space Anchor, Total Sustainability and You Tomorrow (2nd Edn). I sometimes undertake phone or face-to-face consultancy on any aspect of the future, usually from a technology perspective, using over 30 years experience as a futurologist and engineer. I have demonstrated about 85% accuracy when looking 10-15 years ahead.
I am a Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society and a Fellow of the World Academy for Arts and Science and the World Innovation Foundation.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interesting read: The Perverse Panic over Plastic city-journal.org/needless-panic… #plastic #environment #green 7 hours ago
- We should use agricultural land to grow food, and use deserts to harvest energy. twitter.com/grist/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @mattwridley: "I’m sorry, but before any proctologist of mine gets their tiny hands anywhere near a remote joystick, I’m going to reques… 4 days ago
- RT @IWF: Between 1980 to 2018, women’s average hourly wages increased 45% — from $15 to $22 — compared with an increase of 14% for men, fro… 4 days ago
- A small step away from using social scores or political views for road access twitter.com/jhagel/status/… 4 days ago
- 257,901 hits